Link Mpesa to Paypal
In this guide, I will take you through how to link Paypal to Mpesa.
What is Paypal?
PayPal is an online digital payment service that people can use while shopping online. PayPal store the customers information for instance credit card numbers, so that the users do not have to type in the numbers when they need to buy online
What is Mpesa?
M-Pesa is a mobile banking service that allows users to store and transfer money through their mobile phones.
Paypal and Safaricom Mpesa partnership
Recently Safaricom and PayPal come into a collaboration to help Kenyans move money between PayPal and M-pesa.
How to link Paypal with Mpesa
- Go to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa and click get started button.
- Login in to your PayPal account, it must be a Kenya PayPal account for it to work.
- Check and agree to the terms and conditions for the mobile money services.
- In our next step we will require to add a Safaricom number, however we need to make sure that we have added our number in PayPal mobile payments section.
- Add a Safaricom number that has Mpesa enabled, make sure this number has not been used in linking before.
- You will receive a verification code in your registered number.
With our paypal account now linked to Mpesa, We can now;
- Top up our Paypal account from our M-pesa balance or
- Withdraw from PayPal to Safaricom number.
How to send/transfer money from Mpesa to PayPal
Here is a step by step on how to top up PayPal using M-pesa;
- Use Currency calculator to calculate the amount of dollars you need in terms of Kenya shillings.
- Open you M-pesa in your phone, select Paybill.
- Use 800088 as your business number, the phone number linked to the PayPal account as the account.
- Enter the amount calculated above, and provide your secret pin to confirm transaction.
- You will receive a confirmation transactional SMS from Safaricom that you transaction was successful.
How to Withdraw money from PayPal to Mpesa
How can we withdraw from PayPal? Here are the steps;
- Go to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa/withdraw, and login to your PayPal account.
- The above page will show the current PayPal balance, Enter the amount of dollars you want to withdraw.
- The maximum amount you M-pesa account can hold is KES 300,000, make sure your withdraw has a room in your account before initiating the transaction.
- As of the time of writing the withdrawal is instant (5 – 10 minutes)
You can check also:
Guide to Mpesa Integration to a Website
In this guide, I will take you through how to integrate Safaricom Mpesa Paybill to your website. We will start … Read more about Guide to Mpesa Integration to a Website